Hyderabad Liberation Day: BJP and TRS on Saturday attacked each other over the celebration of the inclusion of the then Nizam-ruled Hyderabad state in the Union of India. ‘Hyderabad Liberation Day’ There was a fierce verbal war between Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Telangana CM KCR. Know the big things related to it.
1. BJP alleged that Hyderabad Liberation Day was not yet officially celebrated in Telangana due to vote bank politics, while the ruling party said communal forces were trying to divide the society. are.
2. Telangana Government celebrated Hyderabad’s accession to the Union of India as Telangana Jatiya Samaikyata Dinotsavam (Telangana National Integration Day) here and Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao unfurled the national flag on the occasion. .
3. Union Home Minister Amit Shah hoisted the flag on the occasion of Hyderabad Liberation Day at Parade Ground in Hyderabad itself. In his address, Shah said it was unfortunate that Hyderabad Liberation Day was not yet officially celebrated in Telangana due to vote bank politics, while some leaders had promised to do so. Amit Shah said that there was a demand of the people of the area that Hyderabad Liberation Day should be celebrated with the participation of the government, but it is unfortunate that 75 years have passed but the people sitting in power here celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day due to vote bank politics. Could not muster up the courage.
4. Union Home Minister Chief Minister K. Clearly referring to Chandrasekhar Rao, he said, ‘Many people had promised to celebrate Liberation Day during elections and protests, but when they came to power, they feared the Razakars (armed supporters of the Nizam’s rule). Reneged on his promises.’’ Shah called the Prime Minister for the decision to celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day Narendra Modi. He said that he was not surprised but happy that when Prime Minister Modi decided to celebrate the day, everyone followed it.
5. Attacking those who do not celebrate Liberation Day, the Home Minister said, ‘They celebrate, but it is not called Hyderabad Liberation Day, they are still afraid. I want to say to him, remove your fear from your heart and Razakar cannot take decisions for this country because it has been 75 years since this country got independence.’’
6. Amit Shah credited the country’s first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for the liberation of Hyderabad. He said that if there was no Sardar Patel, it would have taken many more years to liberate Hyderabad. He said that Patel knew that unless the Nizam’s Razakars were defeated, the dream of a united India would not come true. Hyderabad state was under Nizam’s rule and the police conducted ‘Operation Polo’ to get it merged with India. The campaign, which was completed on September 17, 1948.
7. Telangana Chief Minister KCR alleged that communal forces were trying to divide the society. Addressing a public meeting after unfurling the national flag on Telangana Jatiya Samaikyata Dinotsavam (Telangana National Unification Day), Rao said that if religious bigotry rises, it will destroy the nation and result in deterioration in human relations. Rao said that religious bigotry is at its peak. He said ‘‘They sow thorns in social relations for their narrow interests. They are spreading hatred among people with their poisonous remarks.’’
8. CM Rao made this remark shortly after Union Home Minister Amit Shah hoisted the flag on the occasion of Hyderabad Liberation Day at Parade Ground in Hyderabad. The Telangana government had on September 3 announced its decision to observe 17 September as Telangana National Integration Day. Rao called the ‘disruptive forces’ He was accused of distorting the occasion of September 17 to fulfill his narrow and selfish political interests. He claimed that these forces, which have nothing to do with the historical events of September 17, are trying to distort and pollute the bright history of Telangana with petty politics.
9. He said, ‘‘Telangana society actively responds in the most intellectual way. The same activity and intelligence should be shown again.’’ Rao said, ‘‘The fraudulent efforts of these evil and corrupt forces trying to break the fabric of the country must be foiled. I caution you once again that there is a danger of turmoil in the society in the blink of an eye.’’ Telangana’s Information Technology and Industry Minister KT Rama Rao on Saturday also hit out at the Union Home Minister, saying that former Union Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel integrated and merged the people of the state into the Indian Union, while the current Union Home Minister ‘ sharing and bullying’ Trying.
10. Rama Rao tweeted, ‘‘74 years ago a Union Home Minister (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel) came to unite and merge the people of Telangana into the Indian Union. Today a Union Home Minister has come to divide and bully the people of Telangana and their government, so I say that India needs decisive policies, not divisive politics.’’