Basant Panchami 2023: Basant Panchami is celebrated every year on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of Magh month. The day of Basant Panchami is the day to worship Mother Saraswati. On this day Saraswati Maa gives the boon of education, learning and wisdom to her devotees. This year Basant Panchami will be celebrated on 26 January. This day is also known as Shri Panchami and Saraswati Puja. Be it children or adults, education has special importance in everyone’s life. Because of this, Basant Panchami is also celebrated in many offices including schools and colleges. At the same time, there are some such works which are considered very auspicious to do on the day of Basant Panchami.
Saraswari Maa is worshiped or worshiped on the day of Basant Panchami. Also, on the day of Basant Panchami, there is Abhuj Muhurta, which is considered special for starting new works. It is believed that worshiping on the day of Basant Panchami frees a person from ignorance and laziness.
Basant Panchami 2023: Know why yellow color is worn on Basant Panchami, in this way Maa Saraswati will be pleased
Measures to be taken on the day of Basant Panchami. Basant Panchami 2023
- To please Mother Saraswati, ‘Om Ain Saraswatyai Ain Namah’ can be chanted on the day of Basant Panchami. Especially those students who find it difficult to study can chant this mantra.
- While studying, on the day of Basant Panchami, one can sit facing the east, north or north-east direction. This makes the mind feel while reading and helps in concentrating in studies.
- It is considered auspicious to feed yellow colored sweet rice to little girls on this day.
- Yellow color has great importance on Basant Panchami. Because of this children can wear yellow colored clothes. Apart from this, offering yellow flowers in front of Mother Saraswati, applying yellow sandalwood tika and offering yellow bhog is considered very auspicious.
- To worship Basant Panchami (Basant Panchami Puja), apply saffron or yellow sandalwood tilak and seek blessings of knowledge or music with all your heart in front of Mother Saraswati. It is said that Mother Saraswati fulfills everyone’s wishes.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on general beliefs and information. NDTV does not confirm it.)