19 November Historical Events: If you are interested in Indian politics, then you will be well aware of his name, his stature and personality. She was the first woman Prime Minister of the country. During her tenure, she also took some such decisions which changed her image as ‘Iron Lady’ Made the one Today is the birthday of the same Iron Lady Indira Gandhi.
Indira Gandhi, born on 19 November 1917 to the country’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Kamala Nehru, took over the power of the country for three consecutive terms and a total of four times. This is the reason why the day of November 19 is very important in Indian politics. Now if we talk about politics and other events other than India, then November 19 is very important from that point of view as well. It has seen many historical events which cannot be forgotten.
Some other major events that happened on November 19
- 1824: Ten thousand people died due to flood in Saint Petersburg city of Russia on this day.
- 1838: Keshab Chand Sen, spiritual leader of Brahmo Samaj was born.
- 1977: Historic visit of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat to Israel. This was the first visit to Israel by an Arab leader. During this, he presented a proposal for peace establishment.
- 1982: Start of the ninth Asian Games in New Delhi. After a long time, sports events were organized on a large scale in the country.
- 1985: First meeting between US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev. The two met during a summit in Geneva.
- 1994: India’s Aishwarya Rai was crowned Miss World.
- 1995: Karnam Malleswari sets world record in weightlifting.
- 1997: Kalpana Chawla became the first Indian woman to go into space.
- 2000: A Pakistani court sentenced Nusrat Bhutto, mother of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, to two years’ rigorous imprisonment.
- 2007: Amazon begins selling the Kindle, an electronic book reading device, which makes a major contribution to the popularization of e-books.
- 2019: Gotabaya Rajapaksa is sworn in as the President of Sri Lanka. Lee.
< li>1917: Birth of Indira Gandhi in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.