Modak Recipe: Many people make Modak at their homes on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. It is specially prepared on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi in Maharashtra. There are many types of modaks available in the market. However, on the occasion of Ganesh Utsav, most people prefer to make Modak Laddu at home. If you are also celebrating Ganesh Festival at your home this time, then start it with this simple recipe. Let’s know the easy recipe of Modak –
How to make Modak?
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- nutmeg – a pinch
- Saffron – a pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Heat a pan on flame.
- Then add grated coconut and jaggery to it.
- After this cook it for about five minutes.
- Now add nutmeg and saffron and mix it well.
- Now cook it again for another five minutes.
- Now take it off the flame and take it to the side.
- To prepare the modak, boil water and ghee in a deep vessel.
- After this add salt and flour and mix it well.
- Now cover the pot and let the mixture cook for a while.
- When the mixture is reduced to half cooked, apply some ghee on a steel bowl.
- After this add the mixture to it and knead it again like a dough,
- Now make round small balls and press it lightly.
- Now draw the edge in the shape of a flower
- Place the prepared stuffing in the middle of it
- Now close it by joining all the four edges.
- Now put it on a muslin cloth.
- After this cook it on steam for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Offer the prepared Modak in Ganesh Puja.\