Republic Day Parade Traffic Advisory: Delhi Traffic Police has issued an advisory for the Republic Day Parade. It has been said that the Republic Day parade will start from Vijay Chowk at 1.30 am and move towards the Red Fort. It will pass through Dutsepath, Subhash Chandra Bose Golchakkar, Tilak Marg and Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Netaji Subhash Marg and end at Red Fort.
Traffic closed from Vijay Chowk to India Gate
It has also been said in the traffic advisory that there will be a function related to Republic Day at India Gate at 9.30 am. The traffic police said that keeping all these in mind, comprehensive traffic arrangements and restrictions have been imposed on the route. According to Delhi Traffic Police, no traffic will be allowed from Vijay Chowk to India Gate till the Republic Day parade is over.
The advisory also mentions that the C-Hexagon of India Gate will be closed for traffic from 9.15 am on January 26 till the parade crosses Tilak Marg. Also, traffic will not be allowed on Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and Subhash Marg in both directions from 10.30 am. Commuters have been asked to plan their travel well in advance and take alternate routes to avoid any inconvenience.
- North South Corridor: Ring Road-Ashram Chowk-Sarai Kale Khan-IP Flyover-Raj Ghat-Ring Road. Alternatively, commuters can go to Madrasa, Lodhi Road T-Point via Aurobindo Marg, AIIMS Chowk, Ring Road-Dhaula ka Vande Mataram Marg, Shankar Road-Park Street or Mandir Marg.
- East-West corridor : Passengers can use Ring Road-Bhairon Road-Mathura Road-Subramaniam Bharti Marg-Rajesh Pilot Marg-Prithvi Raj Road-Safdarjung Road-Kamal Ataturk Marg-Panchsheel Marg-Simo Bolivar Marg-Upper Ridge Road/Vande Mataram Marg.< /li>
- Commuters traveling from South Delhi towards New Delhi Railway Station can take Dhaula Kuan, Vande Mataram Marg, Panchkuian Road, Connaught Place Outer Circle, Chelmsford Road towards Paharganj or Minto Road and Bhavabhuti Marg towards Ajmeri Gate
- People coming from East Delhi can reach New Delhi Railway Station via Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge, Rani Jhansi Flyover, Jhandewalan roundabout, DB Gupta Road, Sheela Cinema Road, Paharganj Bridge.
- To reach Old Delhi Railway Station from South Delhi, people can take Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Sarai Kale Khan, Raj Ghat, Yamuna Bazar Chowk, SP Mukherjee Marg, Chatta Rail And can take the route of Kauria Bridge.
Only those with valid passes, tickets will see the parade
According to the Delhi Police, at least 65,000 people are expected to participate in the Republic Day parade. Only pass holders and ticket buyers will be allowed entry. Delhi Police told that about 30,000 people can travel by metro to watch the parade. Those watching the parade will get entry through the QR code. Keeping in mind the security, there will be a ban on drones and aerial things till 15 February. With this Section – 144 has been implemented.