Batata Wada Recipe: If you are fond of eating fast food then you must have eaten Batata Vada of Mumbai. In Mumbai, you will see batata vada being sold on handcarts from place to place. The fun of eating hot Batata Vada on the beach is something else. In such a situation, if you are not able to go to Mumbai, then you can enjoy Batata Vada at home too. You can easily make batata bada at home with potatoes. Know the recipe
Materials for making Batata Vada
- 100 g gram flour
- 1/4 tsp red chilli
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 300 g potato
- half spoon coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- 1-2 finely chopped green chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 inch sliced ginger
- salt to taste
- Frying Oil
Batata Vada Recipe
- To make Batata Vada, first boil the potatoes.
- Now prepare a thick and smooth batter from gram flour.
- Add red chili powder, carom seeds, coriander powder and salt to the gram flour batter.
- Whisk it for 2-3 minutes and keep the solution to set for about 15 minutes. This will make the gram flour well.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them by hand and add coriander powder, red chili, amchur powder, salt, green chili, ginger and green coriander and mix it.
- Make about 10-12 balls out of the prepared potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan on the gas and dip the prepared potato balls in gram flour and wrap it well.
- Fry batata vada till golden brown and then take out on tissue paper.
- Serve hot Batata Vada with green coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.