Holi Bhai Dooj 2023: March 7, 2023 is the last day of Falgun month. On this day Phalgun Purnima fast and Holika Dahan will be done. Chaitra month is starting from 8 March 2023. The festival of Bhai Dooj is celebrated two days after Holik Dahan. Bhai Dooj festival is celebrated twice a year. One on the second day of Diwali in the month of Kartik, and the other on the second day of Holi in the month of Chaitra. Bhai Dooj is a symbol of brother-sister love. On this auspicious festival, sisters apply tilak to their brother and wish for his long life, good health and bright future. Let us know the date of Bhai Dooj after Holi this year, the auspicious time and importance of Tilak.
Holi Bhai Dooj 2023 Date
After Holi, the festival of Bhai Dooj is celebrated on the second day of Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month. This year Bhai Dooj of Holi will be celebrated on 9 March 2023, Thursday. It is also known as Bhatri Dwitiya. This festival strengthens the bond of affection between brothers and sisters.
Holi Bhai Dooj 2023 Muhurat (Holi Bhai Dooj 2023 Muhurat)
According to Panchang, the second date of the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month will start on March 8, 2023 at 07:42 pm and will end on the next day, March 09, 2023 at 08:54 pm. On this day there is a tradition of applying Tilak to brother in the afternoon.
- Time to apply Tilak to brother – 12:31 PM – 02.00 PM (9 March 2023)
Holi Bhai Dooj Significance
Bhai Dooj has special importance in traditional festivals. This festival strengthens the mutual love between brothers and sisters. It is believed that on Bhai Dooj, the sisters who lovingly invite their brothers to their home and feed them, welcome them by applying Tilak. The age of his brothers increases, the troubles in his life are destroyed. In many places, women observe a fast on Holi’s Bhai Dooj and break the fast only after feeding their brother.
How to do Tilak on brother on Holi Bhai Dooj (Holi Bhai Dooj Tilak Vidhi)
- On Bhai Duj of Holi, sisters should prepare a plate for bath and aarti in the morning. Keep roli, akshat, lamp, sweets, supari or dry shell etc. in it. Invite brother for food.
- First of all, do Tilak to Lord Ganesha and Vishnu. Fill a square of rice and make the brother sit on a wooden platform in such a way that his face is in the north-west direction.
- Now apply kumkum tika and rice on it. Tie Kalava and sweeten the brother’s mouth and pray to Sri Hari for his long life.
- Brothers present gifts to sisters on this day. The sister should leave only after feeding the food made by her own hands.
Chaitra Navratri 2023: Offer this one thing to Maa Durga on the first day of Chaitra Navratri, troubles will vanish, troubles will go away
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.
For More Related News Visit Lifestyle