Menstrual Hygiene Products: Most women use sanitary pads as a period hygiene product. However, did you know that just like sanitary pads, menstrual cups and tampons are also effective in absorbing period blood flow? Actually tampon is a hygiene product, which is fitted in the vagina to absorb blood during periods. They are very soft, made of cotton and rayon. These come in different sizes according to the blood flow and absorption capacity of periods. Tampons have many advantages over other period hygiene products such as pads, period panties or menstrual cups.
Benefits of tampons
1. Tampons are considered more comfortable than pads. Because it is inserted directly into the vagina.
2. Tampon does not move when it is moved like a pad. Pads often move out of place, but this does not happen with tampons.
3. Tampons are more convenient than pads, because they are not visible from outside the clothes.
4. Tampons are also less likely to leak than pads. However these should be properly fitted and replaced from time to time.
5. The absorption capacity of tampons is good. It can be used for up to 8 hours, but it depends on the blood quantity. You may need to change it earlier than 8 hours if your blood flow is high.
Menstrual cup is a kind of reusable product. It is a small, flexible funnel-shaped cup made of rubber or silicone that is inserted into the vagina to absorb period blood. Menstrual cups can store more blood than other period products. You can wear a cup for up to 12 hours, although you may need to replace it if your period blood flow is heavy.
Benefits of Menstrual Cup
1. Menstrual cups are budget friendly. You pay only once for the reusable menstrual cup. While tampons and pads have to be bought again and again.
2. The menstrual cup is safe. Because they store the blood of periods instead of absorbing it. You are no longer at risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a bacterial infection associated with tampon use.
3. More blood can be stored in the menstrual cup.
4. They are environment friendly. Reusable menstrual cups can last a long time.
Sanitary pads are made of cotton or other absorbent material. You can use the menstrual cup again. But pads and tampons can be used only once. Pads and tampons are disposable and need to be thrown after use. Pads do absorb period blood, but they need to be changed 4 to 6 times a day.
Disclaimer: By following the methods, methods and suggestions mentioned in this article First take the advice of a doctor or related expert.
Read also: Cucumber In Pregnancy: Should women eat cucumber during pregnancy? Know what experts say?
For More Related News Visit Lifestyle