Navratri 2022: From 26 September 2022 (Shardiya Navratri 2022 date) the devotion of Shakti will start. On the nine days of Shardiya Navratri, worship and rituals of Mother Durga will be performed. The importance of Ghatasthapana on the first day of Shardiya Navratri is as much as the recognition of Akhand Jyoti. In Navratri, many people light a Akhand Jyoti at home or in pandals.
Akhand Jyoti) burning continuously for 9 days. To burn the Akhand Jyoti means to dedicate oneself completely to the worship of Maa Durga. While there are many benefits of lighting an Akhand Jyoti, it also has some strict rules. If these are not followed, the goddess may become angry. Let’s know the benefits, rules and mantras of lighting a Akhand Jyoti
How to light a Akhand Jyoti? (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Vidhi)
- Akhand Jyoti is ignited by Ghatasthapana in a large lamp made of brass or clay. It has to be kept burning for 9 days without extinguishing it. Take care that the lamppot of the mitt should not be broken.
- Do not keep the lampstand on the ground. Make an octagon at the puja post and place a pot of Akhand Jyoti in front of the idol of Maa Durga.
- Use cow’s ghee in the Akhand Jyoti. If there is no ghee, then a lamp of pure mustard or sesame oil can also be lit. Keep the lamp on the right side of the idol of Goddess, if there is an oil lamp, then it should be placed on the left side of the idol of Goddess Durga. Take it. Before lighting the flame, remember the first revered Ganesh ji, Shankar-Parvati. Ignite it with a wish-fulfillment prayer.
Rules for lighting Akhand Jyoti (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Niyam)
- The wick of Akhand Jyoti is made from Rakshasutra i.e. Kalava. Do not light the flame with a cotton wick. Make sure the wick is big enough to last for 9 days. Place it in the middle of the lamp. The lamp lamp is not changed again and again. Extinguishing the Akhand Jyoti is not considered auspicious.
- To protect the flame of the lamp from the wind, keep a mesh lid on the Akhand Jyoti or cover the glass chimney. Every day the wick of the lamp will have to be raised a little, which the lamp does not extinguish, but in the process the lamp can be extinguished, so as a precaution, light a small lamp. It will represent the Akhand lamp.
- Once the Akhand Jyoti is lit, never leave it alone. To keep it burning continuously, keep adding ghee or oil to the lamp so that the lamp does not get extinguished. Put ghee-oil in the lamp in sufficient quantity even before sleeping at night.
- Keeping the Akhand Jyoti in the igneous angle is considered auspicious. At the time of worship, keep the face of the Jyoti in the East or North direction.
- Never touch the Akhand Jyoti with unclean hands. Take special care of purity in it. All the members of the house should eat sattvik food and follow celibacy
- Do not try to extinguish the Akhand Jyoti by yourself on the completion of 9 days of Navratri. Let it extinguish itself.
Benefits of burning Akhand Jyoti (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Benefit)
- The devotees try to reach their reverence to the gods and goddesses through the flame. By lighting an unbroken flame in the house during Navratri, one gets the blessings of all the work accomplished. Happiness and peace comes in the family.
- The negative energy of the house is destroyed by the light of Akhand Jyoti. The darkness of life, that is, stress ends and positivity increases.
- For the fulfillment of any particular wish, light an unbroken flame and follow the rules, then auspicious results are obtained soon. That work is completed without any hindrance.
- When the Akhand Jyot is completed, it is said that the remaining ghee or oil should be applied on the body. It is believed that diseases are cured by this.
- In Navratri, due to the effect of monolithic light, one gets freedom from the Mahadashi of Shani. Also Vastu defects are eliminated
Mantra to burn Akhand Jyoti (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Mantra)
- Om Jayanti Mangala Kali Bhadrakali Kripalini Durga Kshama Shiva Dhatri Swaha Swadha Namostute
- Deepjyoti: Parabrahma: Deepjyoti Janardan: The : Greetings..
Chanakya Niti: These things are the sign of a great leader, even the opponent becomes a admirer
Vastu Tips: If these white flowers are planted in the house, then luck will bloom, happiness and wealth will increase
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Consult the relevant expert before applying any information or assumption.