Squint Or Starbisums: We all have good coordination in both eyes, both focus in the same direction and on the same point, but there are many people who are victims of strabismus. This disorder is usually caused by poor control of the muscles of the eyes. If any such problem is happening with your child, then you should be alert, otherwise your child may become blind. It can happen not only in children but also in adults.
What is strabismus?
Squint which is called squint or strabismus or crossed eyes , is a problem related to the eyes in which both the eyes are not properly aligned. One eye turns inwards or outwards or downwards or upwards. In such a situation, both the eyes are unable to focus on the same point.
Some common symptoms of strabismus
Dryness in the cornea of children with strabismus. starts coming. Water falls from the eyes. Headache, redness of the eyes are its main symptoms. In fact, in this disease, one eye of the child is completely healthy, due to which the child does not try to see with his other eye, due to which the light of the other eye gradually decreases. Yes, the brain forgets that eye and works only on the other, so there is no problem in seeing the child. It can also lead to loss of vision.
What is the cause?
- In children Most cases of strabismus are congenital, due to problems with physical development in the womb, abnormal communication between the brain, eye muscles and nerves, affecting the coordination of the two eyes.
- If in the family If a member is a victim of rickets, then the chances of its occurrence in the newborn increase. It can also develop in children in the first 5 years after birth.
- It can also be caused by an accident causing a brain injury or damage to the nerves of the eyes or the retina.< /li>
Diagnosis is as follows
- Corneal eye reflex test is done to detect strabismus. How much and what type of strabismus is there in the eye
- Visual acuity test is done to find out whether the vision of the victim is normal or if there is any effect due to strabismus.
- If the patient has physical symptoms other than strabismus, a brain and nervous system examination is done to rule out other conditions.
What is the treatment< /strong>
- Eye exercises are also done to strengthen the muscles of the eyes. Pencil push up is considered to be the best eye exercise.
- Whoever has this problem, it is also corrected by using an eye patch.
- Botox injections are given to the muscle on the surface of the eyes.
- Surgery is also an option. This is done when other treatments have not helped. Surgery realigns the eyes.
Follow this diet to keep your eyes healthy
- You need different types of vitamins and minerals to maintain your eyesight. More nutrients should be taken.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, which come from cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, halibut, reduce the risk of developing eye disease. This helps protect an adult’s eye from dry eye syndrome.
- Citrus fruits, including oranges and citrus fruits such as grapefruit, tangerines, tomatoes, and lemons, are high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that It is very important for the health of the eyes. Vitamin C produces collagen, which is essential for the eyes.