IAS Interview Preparation: UPSC Civil Services Exam is considered to be one of the toughest exams in the world. It has three stages Pre, Mains and Interview. Candidates who pass the pre exam appear in the mains exam and those who clear the mains get a chance to appear for the interview. Although the candidates who reach the interview give their lives so that the interview becomes clear, but sometimes small mistakes are enough to spoil the impression. Today we know some such etiquette behavior which needs to be taken care of at the time of interview.
Keep these things in mind at the time of interview
- Leave home before time so that even if there is any kind of obstruction or problem on the way, you are not late.
- Keep clothes, shoes, hairstyle etc. simple and stay away from flamboyance.
- Decency should be reflected in your clothes as well as in your behavior.
- After getting the call, open the door of the room and first ask permission to go inside. Enter only when you have the answer.
- Greet everyone inside first, greet female members first then move on to male members.
- While talking, your voice should neither be too loud nor too soft. You should practice this several times before the interview.
- Unless told to sit down, don’t sit down and move the chair slowly so that it doesn’t make noise.
- Keep posture straight while sitting and gait should also be confident while entering a room.
- Keep balanced emotion on the face. Don’t make too serious a pose or smile unnecessarily.
- Take special care of your tone during conversation. Do not lose control even if something is being said to provoke you.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, do not give them a roundabout answer, nor try to trick them. Tell them politely that you don’t know the answer.
- There’s nothing wrong with saying politely sorry.
- Open the door slowly upon entry and close it slowly upon exit.
- Don’t forget to thank everyone before leaving.
- Say something different from the views of the panel, even then take care of gentleness.