Al Qaeda Chief Killed In US Drone Attack: Two Hellfire missiles fired from US drones on Sunday in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, hit Al- The leader of Qaida (Al Qaeda) Ayman al-Zawahiri was eliminated. Preparations for this major anti-terrorist campaign were made several months ago. US officials prepared a model of al-Zawahiri’s safe haven and placed it in the ‘Situation Room’ of the White House. In front of President Joe Biden. They knew that al-Zawahiri often sits on the balcony of his house.
Zawahiri’s lifestyle blueprint prepared
According to an official, US intelligence had prepared a detailed blueprint of al-Zawahiri’s lifestyle and when the missiles took off, the officers were told It was sure that the al-Qaeda leader would be in the balcony. The US completed the work of al-Zawahiri by firing missiles in the remote area of Kabul at 6.18 am on Sunday.
Zawahiri visited this house last year
Al-Zawahiri’s family moved to this house last year with the help of the Haqqani network, when the Taliban took control of Afghanistan. had taken Al-Zawahiri was one of the perpetrators of the 9/11 terror attacks in America. In May 2011, he became the chief of Al Qaeda after Osama Bin Laden was killed in a US Navy SEAL intelligence operation.
Planning took months
Officials said finding clues to al-Zawahiri’s whereabouts was not enough, confirming his identity, planning such an attack in a crowded area, Making sure that civilians are not harmed and ensuring that the campaign does not undermine other US priorities was extremely important, and that is why it took months.
Preparations included these things
According to the officials, the preparations for the campaign led an independent team of analysts to reach the same conclusion about the possibility of al-Zawahiri’s presence, to those around him. The risk assessment involved studying the building’s structure and conducting mock campaigns and gaining consensus from Biden’s advisors.
Biden calls the clue as ‘clear and credible’ relaxed me. He said, “I authorized this precise attack, which will remove al-Zawahiri from the battlefield forever. The campaign was planned with great care and strictness, so that the risk of harm to civilians is minimized.”
instructed to target only balcony
According to officials, Biden instructed officials to prepare a blueprint for such an airstrike, in which both missiles would only hit the al-Zawahiri hideout Target the balcony of the building and do no harm to people in other parts of the building. A senior US administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said al-Zawahiri was held “on several occasions for long periods”. was seen in the balcony where he died.
According to the official, ‘intelligence received at many levels’ assured US analysts of its presence. In early April, two top national security officials were briefed on intelligence, he said. Soon after, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan gave President Biden related information.
Biden was given the final details of the campaign on July 25
According to the official, Biden, who was living in isolation at the White House due to Kovid-19 infection, was given the final details of the campaign on July 25 given. He said that all the officials involved in the campaign strongly advocated for its approval. After this, Biden gave his approval to carry out the attack as soon as he got the opportunity.
According to officials, the Taliban’s exercise was aimed at hiding the fact of al-Zawahiri’s presence in Kabul.
The Taliban did not notice the attack
According to analysts, after the complete withdrawal of military forces from Afghanistan last year, intelligence gathering about terrorist organizations operating in the region and carrying out attacks America had very few bases left. In such a situation, it is not clear at the moment from where the American drone took off with the missiles and whether those countries were aware of this operation, through which this drone passed. According to a US official, the Taliban were not even allowed to know about the attack.
In an interview with ABC, Sullivan said that no uniformed personnel were present on the ground during the attack and ‘we are in direct communication with the Taliban regarding this operation.’