BCCI Sacks Selection Committee: The failure of Team India in the T20 World Cup has been blamed on the selection committee of the senior national team. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) showed the way out to all the four selectors including Chetan Sharma. Although this decision of BCCI has not been taken merely on the basis of flop show in T20 World Cup, the way changes in the team in the last one year and lack of new thinking is being considered as a major reason for this decision.< /p>
- In a whole year, Chetan Sharma and his panel could not give a stable squad to Team India. A total of 8 players were given captaincy in the last 12 months. Even before the T20 World Cup, continuous experiments were done regarding team combination. In such a situation, the Indian team could not prepare a perfect playing-11 combination.
- Bringing KL Rahul into the team in big tournaments after eight months Such decisions also became a victim of criticism. KL Rahul has been a complete flop in the big matches since his comeback.
- Chetan and his team did not give chance to the players who performed well in domestic cricket and IPL. He retained only a select few players for the World Cup squad.
- His decision to give players rotation breaks in the name of workload management has also been criticized.
- Shikhar Dhawan is being given a continuous chance in the ODI squad. Even he is continuously becoming the captain of the ODI team. He is 37 years old. In such a situation whether he will be in the Indian squad for the next World Cup or not is not clear. Many such issues were questioning the decisions of Chetan Sharma and his panel.